Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My Momnesia Moments

Okay - sometimes we just have to make fun of ourselves. I hope most of you got to read the article I sent out a couple of weeks ago declaring that momnesia does exist. I'm a prime example of it too! Yesterday Erin and I bonded over making some lemon poppyseed muffins. I found an easy recipe on the internet and I already had all the ingredients on hand(that never happens). So we're mixing away and I add the lemonade concentrate, or at least what I thought was lemondade concentrate. Looking at our finished dough product I began to think - this couldn't possibly be what it's supposed to look like. As I clumped what resembled cookie dough into muffin cups Erin and I looked at each other and thought, well we'll see what happens. It wasn't until I had to mix the remaining lemonade concentrate with sugar to pour over as a glaze that I realized, powder lemonade mix is not the same as lemonade concentrate. Oh how stupid I felt. At least Erin never even inquired about the muffins, cause they were a little on the chewy biscuit side. Thank goodness for short attention spans, and the bonding over the preparation!

Now, another mommy brain moment! I went to prepare my number one go to meal for taking a meal to a new mommy - stuffed shells, only to find that when I went to Sam's to buy the cottage cheese last week, I accidentally bought sour cream. Identical tubs, not identical products. - I read the tub several times to make sure this was really happening. Luckily Joe had a few minutes to run and grab me some cottage cheese and divert a major crisis. Now, I have 48 oz. of sour cream that goes bad in about a week. So I can either EBAY it and become rich, or I'll give it to the first person who thinks they can use it - any takers????

9 comments:

Heather J said...

That's too funny - I think we've all had similar moments! Ask Mark about the time that I cooked shrimp & grits with the shrimp still in their shells... yummy!

Cari said...

Too funny!! There's not enough space or time to list all the momnesia moments I've had. I didn't get that article, I'd love to read it.

Ward Blog said...

hee hee!!!! I can totally relate......

anthonyandbeth said...

you are so funny! i have these moments all day long! :) it's so great to document them though, b/c it will be funny to look back at later! erin's not old enough to know any better so i'm sure she enjoyed her lemon biscuit muffins! :)

Katy said...

Hmmm...we definitely go through some sour cream over here!!! I'll come rescue it out of your trash!!!!

Sorry about the muffins....at least it sounds like you worked it out!!! :)

Heidi said...

No worries girl....we all have those moments for sure. HA!!

The Petersons said...

Perhaps that explains how I managed to take Hannah to school without shoes and completely forget to attend a friend's spa party that I promised to attend - all in the same week! I need to read that article.

Jayne said...

This is soo funny! I have done this with Grayson adn he has just learned that we throw it away and do something else for a special treat!!

dandsratz said...

Oh Jen, this is the BEST BLOG!!! I'm laughing SOOOO hard!!! I'm SOO glad that I'm not the only one!!! The lemonade is the BEST!! I can't wait to tell Dave that one--I do these kind of things in the kitchen on a regular basis!! I'll totally come over for some sour cream--its my all time favorite!!! :)