Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Where do I begin?

So I've been catching up on blogs this evening, because I truly did miss being in the know this week. Luckily, a lot of you hadn't done any new posts, so I didn't have too much to catch up on. I've also been sitting here debating where to pick up on my own blog. Do I blog about the surgery, what I've learned, what we've been through this week, what the future holds, or do I let it simply pass by, because truthfully, thinking about it all is overwhelming.

Then, I get to Sue's blog and read the post about the front steps, and suddenly the tears that I have held back for a week begin to pour. I don't know where to begin, and I probably will just post for the next few days as things come to memory or the Lord leads me to share.

I think it is only fitting that I start with giving the Lord, our Maker and our Healer, 100% of the glory that He deserves. We prayed from the moment we found out about Anna's heart defect that He would heal her - knowing full well that He had that capability. And as the weeks progressed and her prognosis stayed the same, I cried out again and again, begging for Him to do just that. But, that was not His ultimate plan. He planned for this surgery and to allow the surgeons, whom He gifted and prepared for this moment, to do their work and mend our little Anna's heart. We haven't fully learned all that we are going to from this experience, but we've seen glimpses of His plan in the works.

One such lesson I personally have learned is the power of prayer. I know with no uncertainty that on Monday morning half of the Hampton Roads area was praying for Baby Anna. What a testimony to her life to know that so many people were praying for her and coming together all over the city to lift her up. Whether on their front porch, the treadmill, the office desk or inside the waiting room, the prayers of many were being lifted up - for MY little girl - how overwhelming that thought is. I know that without this prayer, Joe and I would not have made it through this situation the way that we did. I also know that most of you must have been praying for peace for me - because I had a peace that passes all understanding. It was an unexplainable peace and I could feel the prayers lifting me up.

I want to personally thank each person that lifted us up on Monday and every other day of the week, but I know that is impossible to do. I hope each of you know that your prayers were answered and the Lord has done a mighty work. Thank you for your friendship and support throughout this week.

I'm going to close for now, but I will continue to recap last week throughout this week. I want to do it to give testimony to the things God has done, and to have it as a journal for Anna to read one day to show her how her testimony began and what the Lord did for her on this her 10th week of life!

6 comments:

Ward Blog said...

Thanks for sharing with Jen!!! I can relate to all the emotions of having your little baby in the hospital!! It was only thru prayer that Brad and I got thru that difficult time. I have learned in life if you don't go thru trying circumstances then you don't grow!!! I know you grew as a mom and wife this past week. I am so thrilled Anna is doing so well. The emotions will be coming for a long time, I still have a difficult time looking at pictures of Kylee in the NICU.

anthonyandbeth said...

Jen, what a GREAT God we serve! I look forward to hearing your testimony of the things God has taught and is continuing to teach you through this experience with Anna. Anna has amazing parents! From the very beginning of her life, you and Joe are teaching her the power of prayer and the importance of trusting her God! Erin has been able to watch her parents and family members trust the Lord and what a heritage you are passing down! I cannont know how hard this has been for you but I am encouraged by your trust in the Lord and your determination to trust Anna to Him. God has been so good to give you all the support and encouragement you've needed during this time. I love how you mentioned the doctors and God's choice to use them and their talents to work on Anna. Great perspective! We love you guys!

Jamie said...

What a testimony and amazing story that you have to tell of all that you experienced throughout this situation. Only the Lord could help you through all of this and allow you to see what amazing things only HE can do! Anna is so blessed to have such a wonderful family and so many others that care for her so much. We will continue to pray for her to strengthen so that she can do all the Lord has planned for her!! We love you Anna and are so happy that you are doing so well.

Heather J said...

I was personally amazed at the strength you & your family displayed during this 'trial' - and it is so obvious that God's hand was on Anna and your family the entire time! When faced with this trial you were so amazing to witness. I know the staff at CHKD must have been so impressed by the outpouring of love for your sweet little girl. I am so proud to call you my dear friend -you inspire me beyond words!! We love you so much Anna and can't wait to see all that the Lord has in store for you sweet little girl!!!

Katy said...

Isn't it hard to believe that it's just been 10 or 11 weeks? We are all still amazed at how well she is doing - just one week later after open heart surgery. We really were all joined together in prayer for Anna, her doctors, you and Joe, Erin - all of the circumstances surrounding it. And I know that God has been and will continue to be glorified as a result of all of this. Remember our Daniel biblestudy? That little bit about the 3 Scenarios with the fire? I thought of that so many times over the last few weeks with you guys. We will continue to join with you together - that's the awesome part of the body of Christ! YOu don't go through anything alone!

Vonda said...

Oh Jen, praise God for His Healing in Anna's life. And what an incredible blessing that God gave you a peace that passes understanding! Thank you so much for sharing your Heart. Love -V