Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Tree is UP!

Last night we decorated our new Christmas tree. We crossed over to the dark side as some would say and bought a "fake" tree this year. I was so worried that Anna would eat the needles of a "real" tree and we think Erin had some allergies to the tree last year, so we did it. I must say it was nice not shopping for the perfect tree in the cold, and with candles these days, it smells like there is a real tree in the house. Anna delayed our decorating quite a bit, for every ornament that went on, she took one off. I'm going to have to watch that little munchkin very closely. Erin actually helped quite a bit this year although there is a heavy amount of ornaments in one particular spot and none on the bottom 12 inches for the sake of the little person! So it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. I have all our presents wrapped but am afraid to put them out because of Anna! I sure do love that little munchkin even when she's mischievious!
Anna has a special Elmo ornament for the year!

Erin is holding her new Sleeping Beauty ornament.
Now she's putting on the tree right in front.
Daddy helped the girls hang our Sesame Street ornaments.

Here is - one tree trimmed!









5 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

beautiful tree! what i want to know is if you were one of the lucky ones who got a PRE-LIT tree???? i'm dreaming of one! i like so many lights it's really an undertaking to put lights on my tree! :) so funny about little Anna! yeah, my vote would be to hold off on the presents or you may find yourself wrapping again! :) i bet Erin enjoyed every minute of helping trim the tree! special times! :)

Cari said...

I'd have to say, tree trimming has been a fairly large practice of "letting go" for the sake of the kids' enjoyment. I know all too well the look of the "unbalanced" tree decorating. I've tried really hard not to "correct" the ornament placement. We'll see how this year goes with Levi being more than capable of dismantling it. Hope to get ours up tomorrow. We have also opted for a "fake" tree. I really think Yankee Candles' "Christmas Wreath" scent smells as close to the real thing as anything I've ever been able to find.Sure wish we could be Decking the Halls w/y'all! Love you so,

Katy said...

i love your tree - it's beautiful! we always cut our own tree down at a farm until about 2 years ago. we were given a beautiful fake tree from someone that was downsizing, and we couldn't refuse it. it is so much easier (and more economical) to just take it down from the attic! it looks beautiful!

Heather J said...

Looks great! I can totally relate to the Anna thing as Carter is quite the tree destroyer himself!!

Jayne said...

I love that someone else has a truly "family" tree trimmed with all the kids favorite ornaments too!! The "pretty" trees sure are nice, but I will take my "family" homey tree any day with lots of stories to share along with it! It looks beautiful Jen!