Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Time to Give Thanks

Well, Thanksgiving this year started with some tears. We left the Thanksgiving Eve service with blotchy faces and watery eyes since we had to say goodbye to our dear friends the Judds. I still feel like maybe they're just on vacation and will be returning - always hope!

The wonderful thing about the service was that we took communion and since Erin has asked Jesus into her heart, she got to partake of her first communion. It was so wonderful because all her grandparents, and her aunt and uncle were there to witness it. It was such a sweet moment as we explained it to her and she prayed to Jesus. I wanted to snap a picture, but felt it inappropriate.
Thanksgiving morning was so wonderful and relaxing, at least for 3 of the Maggiores. I was in charge of Sweet Potato casserole, so I was a little busy. Luckily Sleeping Beauty helped me mash the potatoes. I tell you, it took me all morning to get one side done, what am I going to do when I'm in charge of the entire meal (Boston Market????)

We ate lunch at Baba and Papa Joe's and my parents joined us. The food was delicious and the company even better. Anna ate every single item on her plate, many of them a first for her. I tell you this little girl is an eating machine, and a noisy one at that! Erin enjoyed the various desserts, she's my sweet tooth!
Erin was helping Anna with her walking.
Just getting some love!
This is how every meal should be!
MawMaw and the girls.
The Maggiore girls and Nana.
Erin made Turkey cookies with Baba and MawMaw.

That evening everyone came to our home and Kim, Brent and the Nieters joined us. I am so thankful to have a home that everyone can gather at and fellowship in. I absolutely love having everyone over especially when they bring such yummy food! So with our bellies full, and our hearts full of Thanks we had a very enjoyable day. I am so thankful for the innumerable blessings the Lord has bestowed on us. We daily thank Him for our little angels and the joy we have in our lives! Thank you for being such a huge part of what makes our everyday so spectacular!

Quite the little begger!

4 comments:

Heather J said...

Looks like a great day - Cathy told me that she started to cry at the service too that she could feel all of our sadness pouring out!! Miss you guys bunches already. Go Ga Tech (I can't believe I'm saying that!)

Katy said...

It was sort of surreal saying goodbye to the Judds wasn't it? I told Heather that with her local cell phone number it's going to keep us all in denial that she's really gone!!!

Josiah got to do communion for the first time that night too. it's so special to see your children understand these truths, isn't it?

Your thanksgiving looked full and wonderful. And that Anna - she is a girl after my own heart! I love the picture of Erin helping her walk - totally adorable!

anthonyandbeth said...

looks like a FABULOUS Thanksgiving with your families! i love that Anna loves to eat! the girls look adorable as always!

exciting about Erin taking communion. Harrison had his first communion last year at that very service! :)

and I'm sorry you've had to say goodbye to your dear friend! i know how hard that is. i know you will remain close!

Natalie said...

Aside from the Judds leaving, looks like a wonderful thanksgiving. And I would love to have sleeping beauty as a kitchen helper:)