Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Best Surprise!

Erin received the best surprise yesterday - she got to see her cousins. Joe's sister, Aunt Michelle, was in town for a funeral and she, Uncle Mike, and their girls, Ajah(15), Elisha(13) and Jasmine(11) stopped by afterwards to surprise Erin and meet Baby Anna. Erin loves these girls and doesn't get to see them often since they live in Northern Virginia. It's so neat to me to watch her with all her cousins - she somehow knows there is something different in their relationships - she knows they are family and she loves them abundantly because of it. Of course, Erin went right to work giving the girls a tour of the house and then directing them as a Marching Band. Aunt Michelle got lots of Anna squeezes in and said she reminded her of their middle daughter Elisha. Anna enjoyed all the attention and excitement.



We only got to spend a short time with them, but it was the highlight of Erin's month. This morning she said, "I don't feel so well, my tummy hurts, I miss my cousins; but Uncle Mike said that next time they come they can stay with me!!!" I'm afraid she'll have to fight Baba for that one, but she will be grateful for anytime she gets to spend with her wonderful cousins!
Okay, everybody - let's boogie!
Baba, Papa Joe and their 5 granddaughters!
The Maggiore/Courts Family
from the top Jasmine, Uncle Mike, Elisha, Ajah, Hidden Baba, Papa Joe, Jen, Joe, Aunt Michelle, Anna, Nana and Erin

9 comments:

Javonna said...

I am glad to see that Michelle and the girls are doing well. Dennis and I were talking the other day about them and we were wondering how they were doing. Great pictures...

Katy said...

How fun to have a visit like that!! Great pictures - look at all those girls! I'm not used to seeing so many girls in pictures with Erin...she's so often the only one! :)

dandsratz said...

Jen, what a fabulous surprise!! You know, you are SO right--there is just something about cousins that these little one's "Just know"....how priceless that Erin cherishes her family!! I love the picture with Joe's parents & all of the grand daughters--that is SO PERFECT!! :) What a great day! :) We're really looking forward to Monday! :)

Jayne said...

Isn't that family bond great even when they don't get to see each other often! Grayson has only 2 cousins, but loves to get together with them. It's as if time has stopped in between and they just pick up where they left off!!

anthonyandbeth said...

what a special treat! cousins are VERY special! i know you all had a wonderful time visiting with each other! i hope she'll get to see them again soon!

Natalie said...

What a great time! Love the picture of everyone on the steps!

The Petersons said...

What fun! Erin has such a sweet spirit. It's neat to see how children just know when something is special.

Cari said...

Oh Jen, I'm soo glad you all were able to be together. How I wish we could've been there. I wanted to try to enlarge those pictures to get a good look at them. The last time I saw all of them was at your wedding. Maybe someday when we are there for a visit, they'll come. I'm sure Aunt Barbara couldn't have been any happier. Oh how I pray for there relationship. Blessings to my dear Virginia family!!!

Heather J said...

I know that was a treat to see Joe's sister's family - I know Erin had a blast! Question - who was taking the picture?