Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

The first day of School 2010-2011!













This year was a little bit harder, sending 2 babies to school! Erin started 1st grade last week and Anna started Pre-K 3. I just can't believe Summer is over and my little ones are old enough to be in school. I'd be lying if I didn't say that many thoughts of homeschooling crossed my mind this Summer. But for now, they are in Atlantic Shores which is definitely close to home!
I've had a hard time letting Anna go. I debated all Summer if she was ready or I was ready, weighing the pros and cons. All her therapists and other professionals think preschool will be really good for her, and I know they're probably right, but I have a hard time being away from her. I'm afraid her needs won't get met because she can't express them, or she'll get left out of things, or other kids won't be nice. All the normal fears moms have, just multiplied because it's Anna. I'm praying the Lord will give me peace with whatever ends up happening. In my mind we're in a trial period and it's never too late to go a different direction.

Erin was so excited to be going back to school this year. She's in class with one of her best friends from last year and we heard so many wonderful things about her teacher. We're already finding out that 1st grade is a lot different than Kindergarten though. I can't believe the atmosphere difference and am realizing that "real school" has begun. She's made several comments about how long full day school is. I know she'll adjust and have an amazing year. I'm just praying I don't forget one afternoon to go pick her up, I'm not quite adjusted to the new schedule!
So Megan and I have a few mornings a week alone together. I'm debating how to get her morning nap in and then possibly some gym time. I know it will all fall into place and we'll be excited about this new phase of our lives. We are so grateful the girls can go to ASCS and we're just praying the Lord will continue to provide and allow us to send them there. He is faithful in all His promises!

1 comment:

Katy said...

wow - they look SO cute standing at the doorstep together!!! BOTH backpacks!! :) Were there any tears this year? They are in a WONDERFUL school - the teachers will be SO great with both of them. I bet it's going to be a huge year of development for Anna too - and some precious time for just you and Megan!!! Praying for a WONDERFUL year for all the Maggiore girls! :)