Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

What Happened in Vegas...

So we've returned from our adventure that was Vegas and am happy to report nothing that happened in Vegas has to stay in Vegas! Never having been there before, I really didn't know what to expect. I now know why they call it "Sin City." I won't go into all that here and will highlight the good parts of Vegas. My favorite thing was the food. Any hour of the day, any place you wanted to eat - it was all terrific and my waistline shows it. Joe was in meetings both full days we were there so Becky and I hit the town. We visited several malls as well as hotels just to see their grand decor and architecture. We road the monorail, the city bus and walked about 2 miles if not more. There is so much to see and do there that doesn't involve bad things!

The highlight of our trip was discovering that there was a Ghiradelli ice cream shop within walking distance of our hotel. This is by far the best chocolate ice cream and hot fudge you could ever indulge in and so we did, twice. I would have bottled that hot fudge up and brought it back if I could have.

My only disappointment with the trip was not getting to see the water fountains at the Bellagio at night.(like in Ocean's 11). It was beautiful in the daylight, but I know it would have been spectacular at night. Between the time change effect and the icy cold weather, we just couldn't make it down there.

Will I go to Vegas again....probably not in the near future, and never with children. Given the opportunity to go on another business trip I'd be there and pray for warmer weather. Hope you enjoy the pics. Make sure you catch the one of Joe's Grammy. She lives in Vegas and met us for breakfast!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Neat! Kevin has a training trip to Vegas, probably in April and I am debating meeting him there for a weekend. Good to know there is plenty to do that is fun outside of the "bad" stuff:) I am glad you had a nice time. Love the pics. The lions are beautiful!

Katy said...

bummer about the fountains - i've heard they are even better in real life than in the movies. But i had heard that the food is incredible - and i'll definitely file that tip away about ghiradelli's - that is the BEST place!!!

Jayne said...

Any time and chance to get away with your spouse wherever it is is a grand time. I'm glad you had a great couple of days away! Another good time to go to Vegas is for the Food Shows and Pastry Competitions!! That will probably what takes Trevor and I there someday!