Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A No Good, Very Bad, Horrible Day! ...and no pictures to prove it!

I haven't had a day like this in a long time. It started out great with the girls sleeping past 8. Then it was off to the Dr. for Anna's 15 month appt. We got taken right back, and saw the Dr. quickly, then waited 25 minutes for the nurses with the shots. Wal-mart was fine although had to wait for a refund for my coupons. Then we got home.....and here is what transpired.

Anna ate lunch and I went to find her Tylenol that apparently she disposed of at Hallelujah Harvest. Luckily, I found some Motrin in our cabinet. Ran downstairs to find a syringe to give the meds in, came back up, picked up the motrin and dropped it. I was standing at the top of the stairs so there is a trail of Motrin on the wall and the bottle decided to make its way down all the stairs leaving a pretty little pink trail!!!! So I manage to get just enough for Anna and put her down.

Meanwhile, Erin has asked me 10 times if our pizza was ready - to which I explode, "don't you think I would have given it to you if it was?"

I run back upstairs to wash the wall and clean the carpets at which time my cell phone starts ringing and then the house phone. Let them ring - I'm busy. As I make my way down stairs - again I'm asked about the pizza, which is ready, but is still in the oven probably burning to a crisp. Don't ask me what I said to her this time!!! Pizza's out - all is well! At least for a few minutes.

As I chat with my sister on the phone, Erin is in the bathroom painting her nails with markers something we discussed wasn't a good idea yesterday. Along with her nails, she has managed to paint the sink and counter pink as well. I cleaned her up and sent her upstairs crying because she wasn't ready to take a nap. Luckily, bleach solved the problem and it was a speedy cleanup.

I manage to get a few minutes of quiet, then, the Brinks security guy arrives to fix our security system. Cue the beeping and alarms which go great with a sleeping baby. So Anna wakes up, Erin decides to play in the bathroom for nap and mom is about to lose it.

A few minutes later, I decided to take a peek upstairs at Erin who I quickly discovered was not in her room, but was undressed in the bathroom. Let's just say that an independent 4 year old will even try to clean up her own accidents, but she doesn't do it well. So bath time for Erin - more carpet cleaning for mommy. May I remind you the Brinks guy was here for all of this.

So alas - 3:00 and Erin is IN her room, Anna's nap was a washout and will be tried again and mommy is a total wreck. I think I need a TALL PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE if I'm going to make it to 8:00 tonight! I'm ready for a new day, with new mercies - I'm all out of them today!

5 comments:

dandsratz said...

Jen, this is the BEST blog!!!!! Oh, how we all have these days of just feeling like we are going to lose it!! This is what I told Heidi the other day though when one of us was going to lose it....terrible, but true..."I'll have a cafe-mocha-vodka-valium-latte TO GO, please!" He he!! :) At least we have Bible study in the morning together!! :) Love you bunches!

Heather J said...

I'm so glad I called when I did and not a moment sooner- you might have yelled at me!!!! ; )

We all have our days don't we! The great thing is, I think you are already LAUGHING about this day!!!!

Here's to starting anew in the a.m.!

The Petersons said...

I feel ya! Your day totally trumps mine though! I absolutely love that the Brinks guy was there for so much of the experience:) I hope tomorrow is much better for all of you! Sending lots of prayers your way.

anthonyandbeth said...

i loved this Jen! not that you had a day like this but the reminder that we ALL have days like this and we're not alone! i loose it more times than i can count and it's always wonderful knowing that tomorrow is a NEW day! hope today is so much better, it couldn't get much worse right! :) and starting it off with Bible Study this morning i'm sure helped set the tone! :)

Katy said...

This is SO hilarious jen - I'm just now reading it a week later, but we have ALL so been there!!! Here's to a new start and do over the next day! :)