Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of Pre-K 4

My Little 4 Year Old
Today was Erin's first day back at Preschool and we swear she grew an inch last night. Everytime I look at this girl I see a little less baby, and a lot more little lady. She awoke in a terrific mood ready for a great day. After a little discussion on the outfit of the day, which mommy won, we were ready to go in no time. Her cousin is going to the same preschool on the same days this year so we'll be seeing lots of her and MawMaw at school. Erin walked right into her room, gave her teacher a picture she had colored, and set down to start drawing. Not a single tear or whimper. After a few hugs and kisses we were off!

I feel so blessed to have this wonderful preschool where I feel safe leaving my child and know she is being loved. I can only imagine how much Erin is going to grow this year. Joe and I have also been praying that Erin makes the decision to ask Jesus into her heart this year. She is so ready and has lately been folding her hands and saying spontaneous prayers throughout the day. She is very aware of who God is and how important He is and we know it won't be long before she is ready to make that decision.

On a side note, Anna wasn't thrilled being home alone. She talked a lot in the car and kept looking around at home as if to say, where is that crazy sister of mine? Luckily, it was naptime during most of it!

Erin and Mrs. Mullen


Erin and Samara

7 comments:

dandsratz said...

Oh Jen, this little girl just warms my heart!! She looks SOOO cute, and I'm so glad that she had such a great day!!!

Katy said...

I just knew she'd be so excited to get started up again!! I was wondering what Anna thought about having her sister gone - it's nice the morning nap will keep her distracted for a while! :) So glad it went well - and her first day of school jumper is ADORABLE! :)

anthonyandbeth said...

what an adorable girl she is! i bet mrs. mullen loves her to pieces! :) and sorry about not getting back to you yet, but it looks like you figured out the blog list! :)

Andy and Jen said...

She looks so old! Enjoy your one-on-one time with Anna!

Jayne said...

YEAH for school for everyone! I love little kids of all ages in saddle shoes. I tried to get them for Grayson this past year, but never got around to it. He wears sandals most of the summer months. So glad that Erin settled right back into the school routine!

Heather J said...

Can you believe that this time next year it will be Kindergarten??? Time is flying by way too quickly!!!!
I'm sooo proud of you Erin!

The Petersons said...

She looks so big! It seems like only yesterday they were little bitty!