Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Farewell to Summer!

Well, it looks like summer left us a little early this year. Maybe will get a quick glimpse of it sometime in September. Last week we did some fun things to prepare for the end of summer, so here's one post with several different activities! It sure was a good summer one I think we'll always remember!

Spontaneous homemade pizza party with the Judds and Saunders. All the daddy's had work engagements that night so it was pizza and skinny dippin' for us. (that's a frozen yogurt place!)
Yummy - the kids liked choosing all their toppings!
Blueberry picking - we made it out to Pungo for the last day of the season. Boy were they yummy!
Cody and Erin took this picking thing very seriously and were quite proud of their accomplishments.
Look at this bathing, sand-eating beauty. That bathing suit was mine when I was a little girl, can you believe it. Makes me remember not to consign everything so my girls can pass on special outfits to their daughters!
My Beach Babes!
They think she hung the moon!
Carter gets to hang with the big kids now!
Erin's cousins came in for the day on Sunday and she had the best time with them.



6 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

good bye summer, already? sniff, sniff! although cool fall days, pumpkin patches, and holiday's don't sound all that bad! :) the girls are as cute as ever and i want to save things for our kids like your mom did for you. i LOVE that!

Katy said...

I'm so glad to hear you didn't all go swimming naked, as I thought when you wrote "skinny dipping"!! :) Now THAT would have quite a post! What a treasure to have a bathing suit from your childhood...I think I probably wore all of mine out...I'm sure Callie won't have any to be able to pass down! Bummer - it's a great idea!

Heather J said...

We had fun 'closing' out the summer with you, as usual. Don't know what we would do without the Maggiores to enjoy summer with!

We'll definitely have to go 'skinny dipping' again very soon!

I especially love how Anderson is wearing his cleats!!

dandsratz said...

Oh Jen!! I thought the same thing..."Wow!!! Skinny dippin'...they sure are brave!!" He he!! I'm glad you clarified!! :) I LOVE the suit that was yours...that is SOOO Sweet!! Its a good reminder to us all to keep some stuff!! What a great summer...and some fabulous memories ya'll have banked this year!! Love to each of you!

Linda Williams said...

Hope you don't mind me "peeking" inside your lives in your blog....I loved seeing all the photos of all your activities! I just cannot believe all you "kids" are grown up and got kids of your own now!

Two beautiful girls and a beautiful wife....Does our Joseph know how blessed he is!

Stay healthy and happy!

Love,
Anthony's Mom

Andy and Jen said...

I was so relieved to hear that skinny dipping is a yogurt place. :)