Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Anna's Dedication

On Sunday, December 9, we dedicated Anna to the Lord in our Kinetic service at Atlantic Shores. She was the only baby being dedicated so Pastor Ira asked if my dad, who is a minister, would like to pray the prayer of dedication. It is always special when my dad prays over my girls and he was very thankful to have been asked.

The ceremony was short and sweet, but powerful in meaning. We are dedicated to raising Anna with a knowledge of the Lord and will pray that she will one day soon choose a relationship with Him. We are so thankful for our church family and the love we are surrounded by. I love knowing my girls are growing up surrounded by other moms and dads that love on them and kids that are being raised in the same manner. I don't think I previously mentioned this, but every pastor from Atlantic Shores visited Anna when she was in the hospital. Some of them even came twice. You know when you are leaving and the woman at the front desk says - Oh I know who Anna is - The clergy came and the clergy came to see her-that your church has left an impression. Thank you all for the love you have already lavished on little Anna. She's starting to return it with big smiles and sweet coos. Praise the Lord!

Anna's dress was also worn by Erin on her dedication, as well as me on my dedication, and also my mom on her dedication. I'm so thankful for all of the sentimental things my mom has saved.

8 comments:

Heather J said...

I loved watching Anna be dedicated, I can remember Erin's dedication too. How wonderful that your mom kept such sentimental items - I don't have any such things (I must do a better job myself of this!)

Heidi said...

It was great seeing you all up there! How precious is that to have that dress passed down thru the generations. Those will be priceless memories as it continues down thru the generations.

Andy and Jen said...

That is so sweet. I love how big and beautiful her eyes are in that last picture.

Natalie said...

What a special day! Wish I had known so that I could scoot away from serving for while to see this special day! Looks and sounds like it was just perfect:)

Linda Williams said...

How precious it is to see young couples dedicate their children to the Lord! What a joy....You will never regret anything you do for your children and one day you will ask, "did I do enough?" I pray every day when I walk for your family and will continue to uphold Anna in prayer through this latest scare.

Love you all,
Mr. & Mrs. Williams

Katy said...

How precious to hear about the dedication dress -what a treasure!! We were thrilled to be a part of the ceremony, and share the same joy in knowing that our children's friends are all being raised by parents who love them and want them to love the Lord!

dandsratz said...

I think that is the NEATEST thing that the dress is such an heirloom!!! What an incredible day!!

Jayne said...

Amazing about teh dress! I love it that people have things like that! My mom didn't keep things at all. I will definitely be starting that with my own family!