Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Labor Free Weekend!

We were so looking forward to this weekend and having some relaxation and fun. We started the weekend off with the Saunders. Ryan and Erin enjoyed some time playing in our backyard that favors a sandy beach, and then they had a picnic in the living room. Papa Joe made the picnic table for Erin as a birthday present.


Then, on Saturday the girls went to check out the sales for a little while so daddy could get some work done. Then we all watched the Georgia Tech game and had homemade pizza. It was a very relaxing day. Sunday we enjoyed church and afternoon naps, and I got to go to Michaels by myself. Anna slept the whole time I was gone, and woke up as I walked in the door. I was also greeted by Erin telling me she hadn't had snack and didn't go outside to play. I asked Joe if she had mentioned those things to him and he said nope she just played by herself the whole time. What is it about mom that we get bombarded with everything? Of course daddy thinks my days are easy with the girls because they didn't bother him the entire hour and a half I was gone. Oh well - one of these days he'll get it!


Labor Day was great! Joe got up to play golf at an insanely early hour so he'd be back in time to hit the beach with the Small Group. Little did he know while he was playing, our numbers were dwindling. It ended up being us and the Jackson 3 at the beach, and it was perfect. Cody and Erin had fun with their shovels and pails and cookies too. Both of them had a great time in the water. It was also Anna's first trip to the beach and she loved it. We finished the weekend with a cookout at MawMaw's house(my mom's) with the cousins! It was a great weekend and we have spent today recovering!

Forgive the layout of Anna's picture - I haven't figured out how to rotate the pics.

2 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend! love the picnic table! too cute! i bet the beach is getting enjoyable again now that the temps are falling a bit! wish we could be there! so glad you guys had fun!

Katy said...

I LOVE the picnic table - that is so cool!!! Sounds like it was a great weekend - last one of the summer!!! The water still feels good, but is definitely cooling off!!