Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Choosing Joy

Have you ever had to choose joy? I went to a Women's conference last weekend and one of the messages was on choosing joy. I've had to choose joy a lot this week, to let the God that is in me be stronger than the weight of this world. I've had to renew my mind, to reposition my focus on Who HE is and What HE can do when my obstacle appears to be so much bigger. I've had to claim joy for Joe as he still struggles to find joy when physically he feels worn out. What a concept, choosing to be joyful despite the circumstances that surround.

This week Megan Joy has decided to exercise her freedom to use the word "no." She is stubborn, and is emphatic with her "nos." It made me think of how stubborn we can be to the Lord. He cries out, "trust me" - "no" ; "give me your burdens so I can carry them" - "no" ; "come here and just sit with me" - "no." How often do I cross my little arms, throw on my pouty face and declare "no" to Him. So when He asks me to "choose joy", "just laugh", "enjoy the ride" - maybe I'll answer "ok!" and see how that goes!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! I have a question about your blog. HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com