Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, September 27, 2010

So Long September

Wow, sometimes I'm absolutely amazed at how quickly a month can go by. I've been very behind in my blogging as many of you can tell. I may have lost my avid followers after a month's hiatus. I hope to be more consistent now that we are well into the rhythm of the school year. I tell you what, first grade has been a big adjustment for me. There is so much to remember, and homework, and AR reading. I wasn't prepared to go back to school myself, but I feel like I have. Erin is absolutely excelling. She is in Advanced Reading and I often think to myself, how does she know how to read so well, somebody must be teaching her. She likes school, I won't say loves it, she deals with separation anxiety. Apparently I'm the best mom in the world and she just misses me too much when she's at school. Our neighbors are homeschooled and I think she wants me to try it. I've told her, I'm not saying never, just not right now.

Anna loves school. She loves putting on her backpack and riding in the truck to school. She doesn't whine anymore about going in, she hops right in with the other kids. Her teacher says she is doing so well. She is speaking more every week, she is participating and singing. The best news was that she has a special friend at school. They swing together, walk together in line, eat snack together. I cried when I heard that because I didn't know how well Anna would do making friends since she isn't very verbal. I am so grateful for this special girl the Lord has given Anna to make her feel safe at school. Yesterday Anna sang Jesus Loves Me to me and The BIBLE. I am so amazed that Anna is able to sing a song when a few months ago putting 3 words together was a struggle. She is a little sponge, and it's finally starting to leak out!

I did a post on Megan to update on her with a few pictures from the month - she is my snuggly teddy bear. She brings me so much joy and is the perfect completion to our family. I feel so amazed at how God has blessed us with 3 precious girls and I also feel a huge responsibility to raise them to be women of God. I'm constantly praying for them and for myself to have the wisdom and strength to raise girls that know God, love Him with all their heart, and want to change the world for Him. Parenting is a huge task, thankfully I'm not alone in it! I promise to post more pictures and more frequently, I certainly want to record all the moments of their lives that are so special!

1 comment:

Katy said...

how great to hear how well the girls are both doing at school! i prayed that this would be a wonderful fit for Anna, especially this year, and it sounds as though God is truly blessing her there! What a gift!!! I knew Erin would excel, and it sounds as though this year will be one to continue to grow her in confidence and self-assurance. Megan is growing so quickly - i love all her hair!! such a cutie!