Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Megan Joy Maggiore







Our third precious little girl entered the world on December 16th. After being my most difficult pregnancy (well 3rd trimester) due to the fact that she was breech, it was a welcome relief to be holding her in my arms. I underwent a breech aversion procedure at 37 weeks to have her flipped and luckily it worked so I was able to have a normal delivery. This one was different from the other two due to the fact that I was voluntarily induced one week before my due date since the thought of being in the hospital on Christmas didn't appeal to me. Despite labor being started for me, it went smoothly and quickly. It all began about 9:15 and we were holding Megan by 3:00. It was absolutely an enjoyable experience and a great one to end with!!!! The epidural actually worked this time and my recovery has been so much easier.
Megan is 2 weeks old today and we see her beautiful eyes a little bit longer each day. She's even attempting smiles already. I have to admit, I am enjoying this stage with her since Anna's first few weeks were so difficult. I'm trying to soak it all in and not rush it, although I would love to sleep 8 consecutive hours at night - I know that time will come. For now, we are just enjoying our days as a family of 5. Daddy has been off work for 2 weeks and most days we just stay inside and try to stay warm. It's been rather relaxing and all the girls are doing great!

3 comments:

Cari said...

Awww! We love her already! Blessings to you all and I pray this summer I'll get to not only meet her but hold her for awhile :D. I need a baby fix.
Love to you all and a very blessed New Year!

sandi said...

Congratulations... I knew you were due in December but with the holiday season and all that comes with it had forgotten to check your blog. What a precious little girl!

Katy said...

She is so beautiful Jen. I am SO thankful that everything went so well with the delivery and that you had her HOME with you for Christmas!! :) Sleep will come - I promise - these first weeks really will go by SO quickly so cherish every minute of them!!! (and say YES PLEASE any time anyone offers to help with ANYTHING...meals, watching the big girls - ANYTHING!) :) That's my best advice as a mom of 4!!!