Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

$75 down the drain

Literally - last night after the amazing hot dog feast at the Tides Game, I was doing my nightly routine although I added a twist. I managed to pop my contact out and watch it bounce into the drain. Surprisingly, I remained extremely calm saying to myself, "there is no way that just bounced down into the drain?" After thoroughly inspecting all surfaces and pulling the drain out, there is no sign of that little, blue, expensive piece of plastic. I'm not blessed with normal eyes that can wear disposable, inexpensive contacts. Mine cost $75 an eye. At least I was due up in another 6 months anyways, it's just the principle. Joe and I often joke that we would rather flush cash down the toilet than lose something with just as much value - pretty weird philosophy huh? Guess it's a control thing!

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

Jen! I am so sorry! I too wear expensive little blue hard contacts and and have lost some before. SO frustrating on so many levels!

Katy said...

do you wear the gas permeable ones? that's a bummer! when i was in ms & hs, I used to wear the soft lenses (before the disposables came out) and i tore them ALL the time - made my mom crazy!! SO sorry!!!

Heather J said...

I get upset when I prematurely have to toss a disposable one, so I can imagine how frustrating it would be to lose one that valuable! it's just money, right?