Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dental Pro and Dressing Room Diva


Erin had another Dentist appt. this morning, only the coldest morning of the year! She did an amazing job, much better than last time. A dentist came to her school last week so she's been talking about healthy stuff for your teeth all week. She informed the dentist today that juice boxes weren't healthy for your teeth and that she had let me know! No cavities in sight, so it was a good visit.

After that, we picked up Baba and Anna to head to the store to shop for an Easter Dress for Erin. This was Erin's first experience trying on clothes in the fitting room. I just wasn't sure if she'd need a 4 or 5 this year. She got the biggest kick out of being in the dressing room. She kept saying all my friends look pretty, meaning the 3 reflections of her in the mirror were her friends. She looked like such a princess in all the dresses and she had quite the opinion of her likes and dislikes. Oh what do I have to look forward to in the next few years.

All that aside, I can honestly say times like today give me such joy as a mom. I never knew taking my daughter into the fitting room for the first time would make me feel so happy inside. I absolutely LOVE being a mom to girls. I know there is a unique bond with a mother and son and believe me, I'm dying to discover it too, but I am fully content being a mom to girls. Joe often claims I'm just playing baby dolls and maybe I am, but what's wrong with that. All I did growing up was play baby dolls, so seems appropriate I would do it for a "living" now! The only difference is I didn't have to discipline the dolls, but there were no hugs either! So even when my real life dolls veto their nap and have a meltdown, I love them just the same and am thankful for every little milestone I cross with them.

And just for the record....Joe is quite content being dad to little girls as well. Man do they own him. This is what I caught after dinner was over. Joe was feeding Anna a secret Jello treat!


6 comments:

Natalie said...

Hooray for clean and healthy teeth! And yes, I envy the dressing room experience! Sounds like fun!

dandsratz said...

Jen!! That is SOOOO fun!! I can't WAIT to experience that "dressing room" experience! Ours is "hold it up to her"....but do watch her "twill & turn" in a new dress--I can only imagine the joy you had watching that precious little girl yesterday!! Jen, you are the PERFECT mother to your precious little girls...they have the perfect woman of grace, beauty (inner & outer) and godliness that they have as an example as you raise them. What perfect little ladies they both are, already! And way to go Erin with the clean teeth!!

Heather J said...

I know, will I or won't I ever be able to put a bow in a little girl's hair or not.... that sounds like so much fun doing 'girly' stuff - but watch out, there may be other 'girly' stuff that won't be as much fun!! ; ) I guess I'll just have to live vicariously thru your girly moments!

The Petersons said...

Jen, what a precious post! I just love the dressing room story.

anthonyandbeth said...

way to go Erin at the dentist! i can't wait to take Addison shopping for dresses and be able to see her twirl in the dressing room! i have such fond memories of doing that with my dad. he would always sit out somewhere close to the dressing room and we would go in try something on and then come model it for him. you are a GREAT mother to girls and i love how you embrace it! i hope you get to have a little boy sometime to love on, i know you'll be great at that too! and seeing joe sneak jello for anna is SO CUTE! :)

Katy said...

i can just picture erin in the fitting room twirling around - how adorable!!! Something I have NOT experienced yet - the boys wouldn't have any interest, i'm sure!