Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, January 30, 2009

Through Anna's Eyes

Well, my week didn't go exactly as I had planned. I was supposed to get my pictures taken, go to Jumpin' Monkey with friends and show off for the Dr. on Friday my smooth walkin' skills. But somewhere along the way this nasty cold got a hold on me. I started feeling kinda yucky on Friday. I had a funny sounding cough and that night I got really warm. By Saturday morning, I really felt terrible. Mommy called the Doctor and they said there's nothin you can do for a cough and a fever, so just wait it out. Well Saturday and Sunday were no fun and I was up most of the night coughing. So Monday morning Mommy toted me off to the Dr. They just kept looking at me and doing funny things to me. I actually slept through most of it. I had to get pictures taken of my chest and this mean man poked me so hard I bled. We waited in the room for what seemed like forever when they finally told me I had the flu - the what I said - the flu they said, and it was a nasty one. So then, 3 different doctors kept coming in and looking at me and listening to me breathe. Finally, one came in and sat down and told my mommy and daddy that I needed to go to CHKD for a night to be watched. Oh brother - that place again! Don't get me wrong, I love all the people there, I just don't like sleeping there, and neither does my mommy.
Guess what happened next. They strapped me on to a ginormous rolling bed and put me in the biggest truck you'll ever see. I was a little nervous, but there were nice ladies riding with me. I got to my room at CHKD and got very comfy in my blue gown and held onto my bunny really tight. Again, people kept coming in and poking me - they do that a lot there. Mommy was with me all night and made sure everything was okay. The next day they woke me up very early to get another picture of my chest taken. I didn't like that so much. Then we just got to hang out in the room all day so I did a lot of sleeping. Turns out that picture showed some yucky stuff in my lungs.
Daddy stayed with me for the next 2 nights because he sleeps through all the noises pretty well like me. I spent all day Wednesday trying to feel good enough to breathe without any help. Finally I started feeling better and thought I should find a way to get out of that room. I tried and tried to bust out of the window, but Mommy kept holding me back. At last I was feeling so good that I got to take that bothersome oxygen tube off and be almost wire free.
Here's the good part. Thursday morning the doctor told me I was doing so great that I could go home. We called mommy to tell her the good news and she brought MawMaw and Erin to be there to get me. I was so excited to be home I slept in my own bed for a long time. I can't wait to get back outside and see all my friends. Mommy says there were a lot of people praying for me, and that a lot of people love me. I love them too!
I'm strapped in on the gerny(sp?) to transport me to CHKD.
One unhappy little girl, bunny never left my side.

An early morning ride to the x-ray room.

Daddy got me this special Elmo balloon to cheer me up.

Mr. John brought me a new lovey bear.

Searching in Daddy's pockets helped the time go by faster.

Mommy and me catching up on some much needed rest.

I'd like a large cheese pizza, on the double.
I wonder how I could get out of here and just get one of those rocks in my mouth?

We had to do it - couldn't resist!
Big Sissy was there to help bring me home!
Yeah - this is the ride I've been waiting for - Let's go home!

10 comments:

Jayne said...

Another little miracle week! The flu and those nasty 3 letters "RSV" can be scary for a young child. Praise the Lord you are all home getting good rest and on the mend. And lucky me to boot, I get to take your place and experience worship in the Fellowship Hall with all my old friends on Sunday!! Can't wait to see ya'll up and about and healthy!! Come on Spring temperatures!

anthonyandbeth said...

oh Jen I am SO glad you're home and that she's improving! how scary it must have been and how awesome to see God's hand on sweet Anna once again. we've been praying. she looks so pitiful in these pictures but i'm so glad you got them. the one in the window with her bum is hilariously precious! we love you guys and will continue to pray that she will get well and stay well. hugs from Raleigh!

jeffandjess said...

I've been praying for you - so glad Anna is home and feeling better! And that pic of the two of you sleeping is just too sweet :)

Cari said...

Oh Jen,Joe and lil' Anna,
I'm soo sorry y'all had to go through that. How scary it must have all been. You can tell by those picts, Anna was NOT looking her perky self. Praising God that all is well in the Maggiore household tonight. God bless dear ones and hope to call soon and talk about this possibility Joe called about to say you might be coming for a visit :D. Love you guys!

Heidi said...

We're so glad Anna is home and doing so well!!! Even though what she went through wasn't fun that was cute how you put the story through her eyes. You wonder what they are really thinking being so little with all the poking and proding they do to them. You probably told the story just right for her.

Brent and Kim said...

No more trips to CHKD Anna, ok? I think you have visited enough. We are glad you are feeling better :) We love you!

Andy and Jen said...

So glad you're feeling better Anna. Jen, you and Joe were in our prayers. I think you should schedule a well-deserved spa day. Could any job be more tiresome than being a mom? No other job has us on our knees in prayer more!

Erin McG said...

Jen I found your blog on Jenny "Lee's" page. I'm so sorry your little one was so sick but am glad to hear that she is doing better. That picture of you and her asleep brought tears to my eyes. SO sweet!
Hope you and your beautiful family are doing well!

Sheila said...

I saw your blog on Anthony and Beth's page and had to check and see what your pics were of the hospital. The "We had to do it" one takes the cake! I am so glad you guys are home!!! She certainly did have alot of people praying for her quick recovery. Mommy is right, alot of people love Anna! We love you too Miss Erin!

Katy said...

Oh sweet Anna. This brought back so many memories from her last trip to CHKD - i kept thinking how big she looks in these pictures. I LOVE the picture of the two of you curled up asleep together. And i think it's hilarious that she wore her dalmation costume! Hopefully the mild temperatures this weekend helped get her some fresh air again!