Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2008

Just Funny Erin Stuff!

First, Erin has been asking lots of inquisitive questions lately. Mostly questions about God and Jesus which are fairly easy to answer. But, some of them I really have to think about how to explain it to her. She asked if they were the same and I tried to explain the trinity, to which she replied, "Well, I like Jesus better than God!" What do you do with that?

Then, at dinner tonight we attempted to do a family devotion about how deep and wide God's love is. You can guess what song was sparked in her mind! After everything Joe read, she said, "OOHH I have a song about that," and proceeded to sing Deep and Wide. Just when we thought she was going to introduce a new song - nope - Deep and Wide again. We all got the biggest laugh as she would proclaim, "Okay everybody, faster now!" My little worship leader in training.

Lastly, it appears that a little fellow in preschool has exposed himself to Erin. We have tried so hard to avoid her innocent little eyes being exposed to such male things, but I guess it was bound to happen. I won't go into the whole detail on the blog, but feel free to ask me about the story - it is quite amusing. Guess I'll be talking to the teacher on Wednesday! Kids these days! At least now, she's ready for a little brother!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

oops...boys can be so "immodest" sometimes. I know because I have one. He thinks nothing of letting it all hang out around the house...of course, we are working on it, but it is definitely a difficult thing to teach some boys. Poor Sadie doesn't have a prayer of being shielded from exposure to "such male things" (I laughed out loud at that one:) Well, you're right, now she knows what to expect if she has a baby brother one day:)

anthonyandbeth said...

erin is so adorable! i can just picture her in my mind through each of these moments! sorry she's been exposed to the male parts. it's going to be difficult to sheild Addison i'm sure. these boys are just so wide open about these things and we haven't had to control that yet. guess we'll have to start soon.... :)

Andy and Jen said...

Kids and their questions - they get too smart too quick! I've been there too, wondering how on earth to explain something as complicated as the trinity to a little person who wants EVERY detail. Whew!

Katy said...

I love Erin's participation in the devotion - good for her for having a song for every topic!!!

Cari said...

Boy do I have a story about the first time Isaac and Abby were exposed to "such things". At the time, I didn't think it was so funny. Why is it that these things happen when Dad's not around? :) Love and miss you guys and would love to join you for a "Beach Night" someday. :)

Anonymous said...

Too funny Jen!
I miss seeing Erin regularly and watching her grow... she is so much more of a little lady everytime we come home for a visit! We hope to see you in the next week! Love the Cruciano's

Jayne said...

Don't you love those conversations with the little ones though that show what they are thinking about?! I often struggle with watering stuff down for Grayson. I don't want to tell half-truths, but some things are really hard to explain to a little mind.

SPAYD FAMILY said...

Sounds like you've got to be ready to answer anything and anything these days! Looks like I've got that to look forward to in the next few months!

Natalie said...

Oh No!!! I would love to hear this explaination....