Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

6 Months!


I chose this picture so you can see how faint her scar is - it's hardly noticeable!


Well today marks 6 months since Anna had her heart surgery. I've been thinking about it all week knowing I would want to make a special post today. On the 5th I was remembering how it felt to call the Cardiologist and tell him my instinct says something's just not right. She isn't interested in eating and she just looks pitiful. When he told us to bring her in to CHKD to be observed, it was a strange feeling of anxiety, but relief. We were almost happy to be taking her in because at least the burden wouldn't be on us, and she would be in a place where she would be taken care of. Still, there is something very strange about driving your infant to the hospital not knowing exactly what lies ahead. Some of you have been there and can relate to that feeling.

Over the last 3 days I've allowed myself to relive those corresponding 3 days in the hospital with Anna. The fiasco with getting a feeding tube in her, the dozens of times they tried to take blood and couldn't get a good prick and had to call Leo the master blood drawer. The nurses I wasn't very kind to in the middle of the night when they'd wake me up to pump. Oh yes, and the days of pumping every 3 hours since I couldn't nurse. It's all much more difficult to think back on than it actually was going through it.

And then we come to the 8th. October 8th will be a date etched in our lives and hearts forever. But, not as a painful memory, as a day of praise and thanksgiving. On that very day our little girl's heart was made perfect. We actually got to witness the miracle of a heart being made perfect, not many people get to do that. We will always look back on that day as a special day for Anna and will celebrate it every year. It's hard to believe it has been 6 months since this whole ordeal. I look at my angel and I see God's hand. He hand picked her for something special and she just oozes His joy all over her face. Sometimes I forget she ever had a health problem, and other times I put my hand on her chest just to feel the rhythm of her heart to know that it is perfect.

God has taught us so much in the last 6 months. I pray that as the months go on we will never forget the lessons we've learned. I also pray we don't have to go through something like this again, but if we do, we know how we'll survive it. Thank you all for being our support system here on Earth. We know He holds us and He's given us all of you to tangibly feel His arms. And thank you for loving my little Anna and celebrating every little milestone with her. She doesn't even know yet what a big role you all have played in her life, but it won't be long before she understands it.

One last thought, I was reading in the book "Praying the Scriptures for your Children" and I found this verse and thought it fit Anna perfectly. It is my prayer for her.
"Give Anna a sense of destiny, and show her that you set her apart and appointed her with gifts and talents even before she was born." Jer. 1:5

12 comments:

Heather J said...

How amazing it has been to see Anna 'recover' so awesomely over the last 6 months! What a testimony to share with all friends & family. We love you baby girl!

Katy said...

What a great post Jen. Little Anna has an amazing testimony already - and she doesn't even know it!!! How personally you have been able to witness a miracle of Jesus in how her little heart was transformed and made perfect. And how incredible to be able to look back and SEE how the peace of God really covered over your heart during those days. God truly has been glorified!!!!

The Petersons said...

Oh Jen! Words seem so insufficient right now. Your precious little miracle is a living testimony for all to see - it's indescribable yet truly amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey.

anthonyandbeth said...

love this post. it's so amazing to see your journey over these past 6 months and what a testimony little Anna has and you have as God has pulled you through this! i love your prayer for her. she is such a little doll and i know you love her so much. thank you for sharing your heart as you've looked back at how far you all have come!!!

Cari said...

Oh what a great smile she has. She has your eyes, huh? I can't believe how the scar has healed so well. It truly is miraculous. Rejoicing with you all with each amazing milestone. As soon as I get my act together I have quite a few things to send from the girls. Out of sight out of mind doesn't apply in this house. So grateful for this blog too.

Mandy said...

She has a beautiful smile! I've never seen her scar, so I didn't know exactly where to look...if you hadn't told me there was one, I wouldn't have even noticed!! Amazing!

Brent and Kim said...

I cannot believe it has been six months already. God has set Anna apart and her experience for a special purpose and I feel so blessed to be her aunt and see it unfold. She brings so much joy to the family and we love her so much :)

dandsratz said...

Oh Jen, what a precious post!! I'm completely speechless-and reading through the events again so reminds me of the miracle of Our Lord in little Anna's life! What an amazing testimony! How awesome!!!!!! We love you all!

dandsratz said...

Jen!! The picture labeled "Mommy's Angels" on the right--OH MY WORD!!! Ya'll are the most three gorgeous ladies!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture with you & the baby girls!!!!

Heidi said...

Jen I know thru a difficult time it has changed who you are and your perspective on life. Anna seems like such a peaceful little girl.

Ward Blog said...

WOW!!!! Anna it has been 6 months and you continue to amaze everyone!!! What a special girl. Isn't it exciting that God specifically choose Anna for the Maggiore Family!!! AWESOME!!!!

Jayne said...

Little does she know what an amazing testimony she will have to share one day! Not just of her healing but of the faith that was displayed by you, her family. She will have much to look back on and know that her life is valuable and that God has a special place for her in His big plan!