Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, November 30, 2007

This is Getting Old....

No, I'm not talking about blogging, or my face....I'm talking about Doctor's appointments. Poor little Anna, as if she hadn't already been through enough - now they are throwing something else at us. We went for her 4 month checkup on Wednesday and I wasn't able to see our normal Pediatrician since she is out of town. So, I had to explain in 2 minutes Anna's whole situation to a new Dr. I wish they would read the charts before they came in to the room so they'd have a clue what's going on(can you tell I'm still perturbed?) So this Dr. was very incriminating of me(or so I felt). She was worried about Anna's weight, Anna's uvela, Anna's bottom - it felt like she was just trying to find anything wrong that she could. So I was dissappointed because Anna only weighed 11 lbs 8 oz, and I was hoping for at least 12 lbs. Instead of encouraging me with the progress we had made, she suggested adding some formula into her diet - which is fine - but it just makes me feel insufficient.

And the newest worry is a small section at the top of Anna's bottom crack(to put it nicely). It is the area directly below the spine which is soft. The Dr. thinks there is the possibility the spine may not have formed all the way and just the skin is covering the hole. I truly don't think that is the case, and I'm not really worried about it. But the Dr. was throwing around the term Spina Bifida - but wouldn't explain it to me because she didn't want to worry me - as if hearing the words didn't already do that!

So once again, we need prayer. We'll go to CHKD to have this spot ultrasounded on the 17th. I honestly don't think there is a problem, but we have to be sure. Please pray that the ultrasound will show no concern and Anna will stop having to go through all these things. Pray for me too - it is all becoming overwhelming and I truly dread going to the Doctor's office now and I'm just ready for a clean report for Anna! Thank you friends for allowing me to vent a little and share this info with all of you! Lots of Love!

10 comments:

Katy said...

Oh Jen...We will be praying alongside of you for all of these things...do you think maybe you could schedule an appt. with your REAL pediatrician to see if he is concerned at all about all this? Callie was only 12 lbs 4 oz at her 4 mo. check up and they never would have suggested adding formula. It's hard to take a doctor that has NOT a clue about her situation and jump right in with what's going on! Regardless, we will pray for you and Joe, as well as Anna in the midst of all this.

Heidi said...

I won't pretend to know how you are feeling right now. I know you know this, but just keep the insight that our God is bigger than any of this. The Dr. may have just been one of those analytical looking for any chink in the armor so to speak type people. We'll be praying and having it all checked out will give you a peace of mind. I know it probably made you feel better just to get it out and vent. Sometimes we just need to do that.

Natalie said...

God has given you this precious child because He knows that you are more than sufficient to give he what she needs. He has chosen you to be Anna's mom for a reason, and you are a great, wonderful mother. I will be in prayer that there is nothing wrong with her spine, and that you have some peace:)

dandsratz said...

Oh Jen! How frustrating, for sure!! Sometimes I think that docs just like to rack up the bills and make mommies worry! We will be praying hard that this is nothing! That Baby Anna is SOO precious, and the Lord is teaching both you & her strength at such an early age!! Please give her BIG kisses from the Ratz's!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

Jen! I can only imagine how frustrating that visit was! It's so iritating when you have to see a doc. and they don't know anything about you or your child and then they make you worry to boot! I'm so sorry! We will be praying for peace for all of you and that Anna's spine will be perfectly fine. Like Natalie said, you are sufficient in ALL ways for Anna. You are the mother that God wanted for her and no one could do it better than you! Remember what a little guy Jackson was? Anna has just had surgery and she is doing so well! They never made me do any formula! He was only 13 pounds at 6 months! Jackson was growing in proportion to his size every month. It's obviously going to take some time for her to catch back up to what is considered "Normal" but this lady seems like she was on a mission of some kind when she met with you! I would really try to see if you can see your REAL Ped. and get a better feel from her before the 17th if possible. The ultrasound will give you peace of mind but you need her reg. Ped. to see her progress before you start worrying about your milk! We love you and will be praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

I have a dear friend whose first little girl had spina bifida.... and her situation was very clear cut... they knew she had it... from a medical perspective... I would think she would have the symptoms of spina bifida if she really had it! So, glory to God who gave you the strength to deal so gracefully with everything so far and for you strong beautiful baby girl! We will beieve together that there is NOTHING to worry about... and it's all just a concern that will be nothing but a past concern!

Heather J said...

I agree with your frustration about the pediatrician, my sense was that she was trying to throw around some medical terminology, and didn't have a clue about sweet baby Anna. It is soooo obvious that Anna is a healthy girl now and has come so far! Keep up your spirits, you are one strong mommy and the most perfect mommy for Anna!!!!

Jayne said...

Sweet Anna, Jesus keep this little one in Your loving care. Give the doctor's wisdom in helping her little body heal. Give Jen and Joe wisdom also and extra patience and comfort as she is still healing and mending. Make her perfect and whole and healthy.

Andy and Jen said...

We'll definitely be praying for you guys. I'm sure you're over all of this doctor stuff for that sweet baby. You're right not to be too worried though. I believe God gives moms a special sense about these things. I would love to know which doctor you saw, because Caleb's check-up is soon and I want to make sure not to get the same one. Sorry you had to go through that.

Jamie said...

How frustrating and discouraging that visit much have been for you. Some of those doctors just don't have very good 'bedside manner' and don't always think before they speak. If she knew Anna and all that she has been through then she would know how well she is doing and how much progress she has made since the surgery. We will be praying that there is nothing wrong with sweet Anna and also praying to give you a peace through all of this.