Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

99 pictures and a Smile!

Well it finally happened - I've been waiting for Anna to turn 6 weeks old so I could get my first smile. Yesterday afternoon, I finally got it. I had informed Anna she was not to give the first smile to anyone else. Erin gave hers to Uncle Chris, so I was determined to get this one. After all, I'm the one doing all the work here and getting up in the middle of the night - I think I deserve it!

Let me tell you - it is a beautiful smile, I laughed, and then I cried. It couldn't have been more precious. I'll try to capture it on camera, but doubt I'll be able to get it for a little while!

Little does Anna know how many times she'll be asked to smile in the next 16 years! I sent my pictures in yesterday to be printed - 99 pictures since Erin's birthday(8/07). That's ridiculous! And much to my dismay, they accidentally printed doubles - 198 pictures to sift through and label. My mom is happy though cause she gets the extras!

5 comments:

Katy said...

Hooray - I'm so glad that YOU got the smile!! It makes you feel like it's all worth it, right?

Heather J said...

Precious baby girl! She knows her mommy needed that smile!!! I know that smile makes you forget about all the middle of the night angst - right?

anthonyandbeth said...

so glad she gave that first smile to you! i bet it was just precious!

Jayne said...

It always amazes me how the pictures add up, especially with the digital camera! How did we deal with life before digital cameras?! I bet that first, non-gaseous smile lit up the room!

dandsratz said...

Jen, I am SOO glad you got that first smile! I almost cried when I read this blog...it reminded me of one night about 9 months ago, in the middle of the night w/ Hamilton, and I was SOOO tired, and just thought, I need to quit (and I really wanted to!)!! And right then and there he gave me the biggest smile, and I said to myself "Lord, thankyou...you must have known that I needed that right now!" Isn't it wonderful how God gives us their adorable little smiles, and the other milesetones to come as mothers to encourage us to keep working so hard!! I'm thrilled that you had that precious moment!! :) Big hugs to that precious little Anna!!!