Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, August 27, 2007

8 Things You May Not Care to Know About Me, But Are Finding Out Anyways!

8. I too have a horrific hair story. A week or so before Graduation pictures I decided a new look was needed. I took a picture of a beautiful hair style to Changes salon. I came out in tears, not looking anything like the picture. I cried for hours. My friends named my haircut, the lion cut. My layers were so thick and framed around my face, that I did indeed look like a lion. And the bummer part is how much I paid for that haircut.

7. In 5th grade I was bitten by a Pit Bull dog. It was my neighbors dog and I walked by the pickup truck he was sitting in and he stood up, bit my lip, and sat back down. I have a small scar on my upper lip that I hide with lip liner. I am very thankful he didn't do much more damage to my face.

6. I have worn glasses since I was 2 1/2 years old. My Great Uncle noticed my eyes were crossing and shortly after I had to wear a patch to strengthen my weak eye. I was able to get gas permeable contacts when I was 13, but like Beth, I can't wear soft lenses. My mom still has my first pair of glasses, and they are so tiny!

5. I have no first cousins. My mom and dad are both only children, so no cousins for me. I am so glad my girls will have oodles of cousins to grow up with.

4. My brother, sister and I were all valedictorians of our graduating classes from Atlantic Shores. I attended ASCS from 4th grade through 12th, but I didn't attend the church until I married Joe in 2001.

3. I was accused of stealing a wallet in college. A local tv station did a wallet drop around Lynchburg, and of course had to include Liberty. I happened to be the lucky one to find the wallet. I checked it for ID but didn't see any so I turned it into the Marriot(our cafeteria). The tv crew followed me into Marriot and asked if a wallet had been turned in, of course it wasn't the same person I had given it to. So a few days later they aired the story that a Liberty student had not turned in the wallet. They didn't show my face, but enough of me that I was recognizable to people and started getting asked about it. In the end, the wallet was in the safe at Marriot, the news had to print a retraction and I got a big hug from Jerry in convocation to clear my name in front of the entire student body. That was my brush with fame!

2. I have only kissed one man! And yes, it is Joe. Joe was my first kiss, and he will be my last.

1. I turn 30 next year, and I couldn't be happier with where I am at in life. I love being a mom, it is all I have ever wanted to do. I am striving to raise my children to have a deep, close, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and to know Him as a friend on an intimate level. I am blessed to have found a man that believes the same way I do. We have had one of the toughest years of both of our lives between 2006 and now, and our relationship with Christ is what gets us through, and keeps us going. That is the legacy we want to leave for our children!

7 comments:

Katy said...

I love it! It's been over a week since Beth tagged me and I'm still thinking!

Katy said...

And I CAN'T believe that you got a hug from Jerry? How cool is that!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

loved hearing about you! So glad you're girls are going to have lots of cousins! Love the wallet story! :) Glad you were able to get things cleared up, too! miss you guys! Beth

Jamie said...

I enjoyed finding out all about you, though I think I already knew most of it. The wallet story is funny, (though I am sure not at the time). :)

Ward Blog said...

i remember that wallt story! oh, the fun days we had at LU!!!

Jayne said...

Well, I guess I win the Jerry fame stories because he married Trevor and I and was my pastor for 20 years! Your LU story must have been after I left because I for sure would have remembered that! Gotta love small town local news-not much happening, so anything becomes a story. I love your passion and commitment for God and family. It is to be admired!

dandsratz said...

Jen, that was SOO great!! I learned SO much about you!! I didn't know any of that!! Thus the reason I love blogging!! :) I was tagged 2 1/2 weeks ago...still haven't done it...YIKES!! :) What fun & great stories!! My favorite was that Joe was your one and only man to kiss--perhaps its the sappy romance in me, but I LOVED that!! Its so sweet, and priceless!!! :)